Partners in adult learning for students’ sake
The Edmonton Regional Learning Consortium (ERLC) is one of seven regional consortia in Alberta established to support regional professional development needs for all those who influence student learning. We work with schools, school authorities and our partner organizations to create professional development opportunities in an ongoing, coordinated and cost-effective manner.
- to facilitate professional development which supports the effective implementation of components of:
- the Alberta Education Business Plan
- Jurisdiction and school education plans
- regional School Council priorities
- to facilitate professional development which supports the effective implementation of curricula, including instruction, assessment, and student learning outcomes,
- to coordinate, broker, and act as a referral centre to assist stakeholders to identify available professional development resources,
- to deliver professional development based on the identified and emerging needs of educational stakeholders,
- to promote and support the development of professional development leadership capacity, and
- to provide educational stakeholders with access to professional development at a reasonable cost.
We plan learning opportunities based on advice from the region we serve, most often received from advisory committee members and participant feedback from sessions. We also rely on the professional literature and provincial knowledge about effective professional development and curriculum implementation.
As an advocate for quality professional development and as a service provider, ERLC works with its partners to develop, implement and assess professional development programs and comprehensive plans that support adult learning for students’ sake.
Message from ERLC Executive Director
I would like to welcome you to the Edmonton Regional Learning Consortium. The ERLC has a rich history of providing exceptional professional learning opportunities. We serve the ultimate end of high quality learning for all students by focusing our efforts on the Vision and Goals as presented in this section of our website.
We are passionate about the moral purpose we share with education stakeholders in the province of Alberta and strive for excellence with them as a supportive and contributing partner in adult learning for students’ sake. I invite you to explore the many learning opportunities and resources provided by the Edmonton Regional Learning Consortium.
Executive Director, ERLC