"Partners in adult learning for students' sake"
The Edmonton Regional Learning Consortium (ERLC) is one of seven regional consortia in Alberta established to support regional professional development needs for all those who influence student learning. We work with schools, school authorities and our seven partner organizations to create professional development opportunities in an ongoing, coordinated and cost-effective manner.
As an advocate for quality professional development and as a service provider, ERLC works with its partners to develop, implement and assess professional development programs and comprehensive plans that support adult learning for students' sake.
- to facilitate professional development which supports the effective implementation of components of:
- the Alberta Education Business Plan
- Jurisdiction and school education plans
- Regional School Council priorities
- to facilitate professional development which supports the effective implementation of curricula, including instruction, assessment, and student learning outcomes,
- to coordinate, broker, and act as a referral centre to assist stakeholders to identify available professional development resources,
- to deliver professional development based on the identified and emerging needs of educational stakeholders,
- to promote and support the development of professional development leadership capacity, and
- to provide educational stakeholders with access to professional development at a reasonable cost.
We plan learning opportunities based on advice from the region we serve, most often received from advisory committee members and participant feedback from sessions. We also rely on the professional literature and provincial knowledge about effective professional development and curriculum implementation. Provincial resources that guide our work include:
- Curriculum Implementation Beliefs
- Guide to Comprehensive PD Planning
- A Guide to Support Implementation: Essential Conditions
For more information, please contact the Executive Director.
ERLC Executive Director
At ERLC, we are committed to providing quality Professional Development for Alberta teachers and PD facilitators. Beginning with our sessions, we strive for the best possible learning experience by providing follow-up assessment, extensive planning, and additional online resources.
ERLC Executive Director