First Nation, Métis and Inuit (Aboriginal Student Success)
FIRST NATION, METIS AND
INUIT (ABORIGINAL STUDENT SUCCESS)
ERLC plan to support
implementation based on regional needs and grant deliverables
- Session feedback and ongoing needs assessment.
- ERLC board direction.
- Advisory committee continues to provide input.
with key Alberta Education Lead Managers and Directors
a minimum of twice during the year.
- Alberta Education grant deliverables.
- Regional Goals
specific to work of ERLC (i.e. Program of Studies, Instruction
Identify Possible Strategies
Fall 2010 Advisory Committee Direction
- Book a session on the FNMI Literature Box with Thalia
Hartson. Purchase an FNMI literature box for each district
and make available for district leaders that attend the
session. Once session planned we will forward information
to advisory committee.
- FNMI sessions planned to date available at www.erlc.ca click
on FNMI focus.
- Your advice and direction for future learning opportunities:
- Book a session on aboriginal games, as well as learning
opportunities suggested by Earl Choldin
- Dwayne Donald Aboriginal history of the river valley.
Apply technology to the walk so teachers can access
later - what are the correct terms to use here for
what Leanne asked us for Jann?
- A session on the significance of treaties – access
interview with Perry Bellegarde from Debbie Mineault
- A panel identifying current FNMI issues. (Perhaps
most suitable for a conference?)
- A workshop on how to integrate FNMI perspective in
math and science
- A guided tour of the Bearclaw gallery and link to
art program of studies.
- Explore who is offering Aboriginal Studies course
– offer support network.
- Explore services of Métis Nation Alberta http://www.albertametis.com/MNAHome/Home.aspx
- Explore services of Métis Nechi Centre http://www.nechi.com/
- Explore videotaping Paula’s classroom environment
in Wetaskiwin to model effective/inviting classroom
environment and learning center.
- Refer to appendices
N-2 and N-3
Action Plan and Measures
- Use program feedback form as primary measure.
- Sessions are attended.
- Ongoing consultation with Advisory
Implement Action Plan
- Budget - $5,000.00 as well as infrastructure support
provided from grant.
- Facilitate coordination of workshops in January
- Facilitate coordination of Learning Together for Success
workshop in March
- Pd leadership capacity support provided
to the region.
- Program feedback. Refer to appendix N-1
- ERLC Board, District contact, and potential Advisory
- Summary report to Alberta Education.
Data to Demonstrate Support for Implementation Provided:
*For FNMI programs planned to date, visit http://www.erlc.ca/programs/theme.php?theme=59