ARPDC Provincial Initiatives
The Alberta Regional Professional Development Consortia (ARPDC) are dedicated to promoting student learning and achievement; school improvement; and parental engagement in the educational process, through the provision of effective professional development services, at the local, regional and provincial levels.
There are 6 regional consortia governed by the stakeholders listed at the top of this page and a 7th consortium serving the needs of Francophone schools districts. Consortium provides service to jurisdictions in a particular region.
Provincial Initiatives: (often delivered regionally)
- Essential Conditions (www.essentialconditions.ca): Opportunities for field testing. $6000.00 or $2000.00 projects – see letters of invitation.
- Early Learning Symposium December 6th Webcast sites across the province - register via your regional consortium and development & sharing of videotapes and conversation guides of break-out sessions across the province.
- Math Institutes for Senior High January 26 and June 24 webcast to multiple sites across the province.
- Social Studies Survey to seek teachers reflection on implementation.
- FNMI Family, Parent and Community Engagement in support of Goal Three, Strategy 3.1 - November
- French provincial projects: French Immersion novel study resource, FSL conversation meeting guide, FSL Vide
- Distributed Professional Learning “Technology-mediated professional learning. Offer an increased variety of technology mediated professional learning opportunities.(e.g., Video conference, webinars) Archived Webinars www.arpdc.ab.ca
- Inclusive Education Grant – development of online tools to support inclusive environments.
- Math Moodle Math 10C & 10-3 Demo classes http://moodle.sapdc.ca/moodle/
- Math Tool Kit for Administrators, brokered with Sherry Bennett (AAC) , roll-out Nov. 22
- High School Social Studies Assessment resource; and Grade 6 & 9 Social Studies PLC Resources, brokered through AAC, and scheduled for fall, 2010 roll out
- Alberta PD Support for Differentiated Instruction based on Making a Difference Resource. http://www.albertapd.ca/Index.aspx
- Teaching French in the Classroom: Moving Forward! Conference December 3 conference for French Immersion – ARPDC conference
- CTS Health Symposium November 4, Calgary; CTS PD, website: http://www.carcpd.ab.ca/CTS_PD/index.html