Educational Change and School Leadership – Why Technology is Essential in Supporting 21st Century Learners
“Ultimately, the power of technology should be harnessed to support innovation and discovery, not simply aid teaching. We need to engage learners to use these new technologies as designers and creators of knowledge”. Inspiring Education
Dr. Dave Edyburn shares his expertise about implications and challenges of technology and educational change in 9 short video clips. These professional learning resources are video clips and accompanying learning guides designed for use by learning communities, learning coaches, teacher leaders and post secondary teacher education faculty or as a self-paced study to explore how technology can support student success. Each learning guide is linked to one of the five policy directions from the Alberta Education's Learning and Technology Policy Framework.
Dr. Edyburn Professional Learning Video Clips and Learning Guides available at Educational Change and Leadership.
Titles of the videos are:
- What is standing in the way of educational change? [3:26]
- How can educators help their parent communities understand changes in education? [2:04]
- What do school leaders need to know about understanding technological change? [1:15]
- How can teachers move from instructional planners to instructional designers? [1:50]
- How can teachers make better use of educational research? [2:45]
- What is in the relationship between technology and the entrepreneurial spirit? [1:51]
- How is the nature of reading changing? [2:16]
- Is reading the only way to learn? [1:41]
- How can technology make differences more ordinary? [2:03]